Star Trek Armada 2 dont install with Windows 10

Program aborts? Network configuration? Graphic errors? Bugs? Post your question here.
posted on February 1st, 2017, 2:30 pm
Hello.
I played Star Trek Armada 2 for long times and want to play again (and look, if something has changed in the Fleetopsmod).

But Windows 10 deny to "install" the Star Trek Armada 2 completely.
The "Install menu", where to hit "install" works, but then only the "installshield" icon pops up one second and thats all...

Is there a solution to play this game with windows 10 without VMWare?

I tried to run the setup with compability mode (winxp SP3) and admin rights etc but nothing works.

Any ideas?

...DX
posted on February 1st, 2017, 11:54 pm
I fogot where I found it, but you could download star trek armada 2 without having to install it. This is used to install fleetops. after that you just need a star trek armada 2 disk to play.

Perhaps someone with a link will give you one after seeing this post.

Be patient, you will play it soon.

(someone give him a link to download Star trek Armada please)
posted on February 2nd, 2017, 3:28 am
Darelius wrote:Hello.
I played Star Trek Armada 2 for long times and want to play again (and look, if something has changed in the Fleetopsmod).

The "Install menu", where to hit "install" works, but then only the "installshield" icon pops up one second and thats all...

I tried to run the setup with compability mode (winxp SP3) and admin rights etc but nothing works.

Any ideas?

...DX

You could download and install Fleet Ops since it sounds like that interests you too then you could get the the A2 Classic mod here that will let you play stock Armada 2 as a mod inside FO

Here's the link to The Classic mod:
https://www.fleetops.net/forums/modscom ... port-10223
posted on February 2nd, 2017, 10:53 am
I cannot INSTALL Armada 2 on windows 10, so the mod itself dont help me - i asked, if someone have an idea to install the game on windows 10

...DX
posted on February 2nd, 2017, 10:27 pm
so you just want to play the regular armada 2?

If you want to play fleetops, you don't need to install armada 2.
posted on February 3rd, 2017, 4:12 am
If you can install and play Fleet Ops ok then you will be able to play Armada 2 as a mod inside of fleet ops probably without issue. in the A2 Classic mod as I mentioned.

The A2 Classic mod is stock Armada 2 with a few small alterations to get it to work inside FO. For all intents an purposes however, it's stock Armada 2. And you don't need to install Star Trek Armada 2 on it's own like you are trying.
posted on February 3rd, 2017, 1:42 pm
rifraf wrote:

Any ideas?

...DX

You could download and install Fleet Ops since it sounds like that interests you too then you could get the the A2 Classic mod here that will let you play stock Armada 2 as a mod inside FO

Here's the link to The Classic mod:
https://www.fleetops.net/forums/modscom ... port-10223

Hmm - the link offers no really "download" it want to have an exsternal downloader and the "browser" download dont work at all - any "working" downloads?

...DX
posted on February 3rd, 2017, 2:19 pm
The next problem:
When i try to install Fleet Operations, the program want to have the CD OR an installed Version of Star Trek Armada 2.
I dont have an installed Version and the program dont detect the cd-drive and no loaded image.

I will try another way and report again

Burned a CD and the program ignored it - so not able to install :(

...DX

P.S.:
Now i say "use the armada2.exe" on the hard disk, were the installation files are.
Installation worked but when i try to start the game, (instant action, launch) it says "you need your own cd to play".

So the main problem is still there
Star Trek Armada 2 isnt able to install and therefore Fleet ops cannot be played!

I will try on to find "solutions" but a bit help yould be great.

Here some "information":
Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
MB: Asus P8-Z77M-Pro
Intel I5-3570k 3.4GHz
16 GB RAM
Graphic: Nvidia GTX 980
System-HDD: 128GB SSD
Game-HDD: 1TB
Additional HDDs: 3TB (Backup), 256GB SSD (Faster games)

On windows 7 it works all fine but since Micros... only gives support and new games, drivers etc mostly only to windows 10, i "upgraded" my Windows 7 Ultimate. I didnt know, that windows 10 is totally incompatible to nearly all :(

...DX
posted on February 4th, 2017, 5:17 am
It sounds like your disk drive could be dying. Something you might try is to make an ISO of the disk, with another system if need be, and mount it. Win10 can mount ISO files natively. There are also other ways around the disk check, but I'm not familiar with them.
posted on February 24th, 2017, 7:12 am
I'm having a similar issue. I don't have a disk (long lost) but I'd like to play the game. Is there an ISO I can copy somewhere?
posted on February 24th, 2017, 8:28 am
Last edited by miklosgo on March 1st, 2017, 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
A mod that bring Classic Armada 2 into Fleet Operations:

http://www.moddb.com/games/star-trek-armada-ii/downloads/a2-classic

Go into your Fleet Ops install and find the Data folder. Inside that folder, create a new folder called Mods, and place the Armada II Classic mod folder inside there. Once that's done, you can launch the mod from Options > Mod Settings.

Attachments

a2.jpg
a2.jpg (160.8 KiB) Viewed 17794 times
posted on March 1st, 2017, 9:01 am
Last edited by miklosgo on March 1st, 2017, 9:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
You can play with that "Klingon Academy II: Empire at War" mod too:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/klingon-academy-ii-the-general-war/downloads/ka2-empire-at-war-v15

Install to your FleetOps/Mods directory.

The playable sides are

The United Federation of Planets
The Klingon Empire
The Romulan Star Empire
The Gorn Confederacy
The Tholian Assembly
The Interstellar Concordium

https://www.fleetops.net/forums/armada/ka2-empire-at-war-11363

Attachments

KA2LoadingSmall.jpg
KA2LoadingSmall.jpg (399.14 KiB) Viewed 17794 times
posted on March 1st, 2017, 9:40 am
STAR TREK ARMADA II - FUTURE WARS for Fleet Operations.

The Future Wars Mod is a Total Conversion to the known Star Trek Universe for the game Star Trek Armada II. This Mod is differently as the most other Mods. The time frame is not the TNG, DS9 or the other Star Trek episodes, now you will play 100 years after Star Trek – Nemesis.

The playable races are:
-> United Federation of Planets
-> the Klingon Empire
-> the Romulan Empire
-> the Maquis Alliance consists of renegade Starfleet officers, the Bajorans and Ferengi
-> the Dominion Alliance consists of the Dominion, the Cardassians and Breen
-> the Borg Collective ( yes after a long consider we have include them)

Download link:
https://mega.nz/#!BhVjjSwL!8n9jOLlp2rcEMeV5Y59Nt7pvxF5Juf_ITjfbrPSXWlY

Unzip to your FO------>Data------>Mods folder.

Attachments

Clipboard13.jpg
Clipboard13.jpg (85.65 KiB) Viewed 17794 times
posted on March 2nd, 2017, 1:30 pm
miklosgo wrote:You can play with that "Klingon Academy II: Empire at War" mod too:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/klingon-academy-ii-the-general-war/downloads/ka2-empire-at-war-v15

Install to your FleetOps/Mods directory.

The playable sides are

The United Federation of Planets
The Klingon Empire
The Romulan Star Empire
The Gorn Confederacy
The Tholian Assembly
The Interstellar Concordium
The Hydran Kingdoms
The Lyran Star Kingdom

https://www.fleetops.net/forums/armada/ka2-empire-at-war-11363

Fixed that for ya ;) and don't forget to pick up the 1.51 patch
posted on November 5th, 2020, 1:28 am

Any ideas?

...DX

Yes. Best Solution is simple and free, works great instead of dosbox for older games too.

Official "WindowsXP Mode for Windows 10" from Microsoft
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... px?id=8002