Out of sync

Program aborts? Network configuration? Graphic errors? Bugs? Post your question here.
1, 2, 3, 4
posted on December 16th, 2008, 10:22 pm
Last edited by DOCa Cola on December 16th, 2008, 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As Ive already mentioned somewhere b4 the game goes constantly OOS during online matches vs AI. I have yet to play a game that didnt go OOS.
I really, really hope u guys can fix that :)

DOCaEdit: Changed topic title
posted on December 16th, 2008, 10:23 pm
Does it occur with just players?

Personal Curiosity.
posted on December 16th, 2008, 10:40 pm
could you please try to use these modified loader files and try if they improve anything with the oos?
http://fleetops.masters-lan.info/dev/fodevupdate.exe
this installer replaces fleetopshook.dll and fleetopshook.map, so i recommend you backup both files first before installing. also it is important that all players you play online with use the same loader files, otherwise even more out of syncs may occour.
posted on December 16th, 2008, 10:48 pm
OK thanx, Ill try to play with it tommorow and tell you the results :)  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Does it occur with just players?

Personal Curiosity.

I dont think I quite understand what your asking. If you mean that the AI still acts the same in all the games when it goes OOS, then the anwser is no. Both the AI and human players act completely different in each players' computer :)
posted on December 16th, 2008, 10:49 pm
I meant does it occur with no AI and just Players, Sorry.
posted on December 16th, 2008, 10:54 pm
thanks, baron  :thumbsup:
anyone else with these problems is free to try the modified loader. if you got any results with these files, negative or positive, please get back to this thread and tell me about it :) remember that everyone needs the same loader files in order for the game to work correctly
posted on December 16th, 2008, 10:58 pm
Tylmiria wrote:I meant does it occur with no AI and just Players, Sorry.

I have this problem, too.
Nearly every multiplayer game, whether with AI or not, goes out of sync. Played an 1vs1 on a small map some hours ago, and it went out of sync, as well as a 2 player with 6 AI game on the largest map in fleetops.
No difference if I use Hamachi, Gamespy lobby, manual IP or LAN.

I have noticed these OOS problems since CB2, with CB1 I played several matches without problems.

Second problem is, that it's nearly impossible just to begin a multiplayer game though gamespy, because some people just can't join the game. Some people can, so it's clear that the host has opened the ports properly. The others gets the "host is lost" message after a while.
posted on December 16th, 2008, 11:10 pm
Hm.. Granted ive only played online once, with 3.0 PR on Vista without problems some time back - and he doesnt live too far away, I suppose im not going to be of much help.
posted on December 17th, 2008, 12:13 am
Tried it, just after having a game go OOS.. same thing happened.
posted on December 17th, 2008, 12:14 am
the modified loader files don't work, it next to impossible to play fo online. Just keep going oos. You need fix stat other wise online is pointless
posted on December 17th, 2008, 8:37 am
Last edited by DOCa Cola on December 17th, 2008, 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dontai wrote:the modified loader files don't work, it next to impossible to play fo online. Just keep going oos. You need fix stat other wise online is pointless

Oh, really? :) i am trying to find a solution with your help. Just be patient :) I'll upload a new test version in a couple of minutes

edit: ok, i have uploaded an updated version. make sure everyone uses the latest version from the server when testing. note, this is a test version, various features have been disabled. cease fire modes are currently impossible to use with it
http://fleetops.masters-lan.info/dev/fodevupdate.exe
posted on December 17th, 2008, 11:19 am
Thanx man, Ill play later tonight and tell you if it fixes the issue :)

BTW I think I speak for all of us when I say I really appreciate you trying to fix it as fast as you are now.  I know you have a private life to worry about as well, so thanks for putting that on the side track while trying to help us !  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
posted on December 17th, 2008, 12:22 pm

there a nice cake for your efforts;
posted on December 17th, 2008, 6:40 pm
Have the new loader files installed - MSN should be available in my profile or via the handy button, so just poke me that way if anyone wishes to test it out.
posted on December 17th, 2008, 9:15 pm
Im happy to report that after applying the patch and playing 2 online games vs 2/3 AI hard no OOS has occured thus far. It seems it works :)  ^-^
1, 2, 3, 4