Out of sync

Program aborts? Network configuration? Graphic errors? Bugs? Post your question here.
1, 2, 3, 4
posted on December 17th, 2008, 9:19 pm
No-ones poked me yet, but at least if they do, its looking good.
posted on December 17th, 2008, 9:40 pm
thats good to hear. i will upload a few files later again for you to test if everything is still good with a few things reenabled
posted on December 17th, 2008, 9:46 pm
I can confirm that it's much better! Played the first game with 2 AIs and big fleets without any OOS :)

BTW, which features are disabled? They don't seem to be very important at least for me, because I missed nothing ^^
posted on December 17th, 2008, 9:59 pm
BTW, which features are disabled? They don't seem to be very important at least for me, because I missed nothing ^^

I concur with that :)
posted on December 17th, 2008, 9:59 pm
so, i think i found the issue causing the oos. i have reuploaded the updated loader files to http://fleetops.masters-lan.info/dev/fodevupdate.exe again. it was an issue with the cease fire mode we had to change a few things on in order to let avatar selection work there probably. an issue randomly affected also multiplayer games where cease fire isn't even used. so if everything runs well for you guys, then we will prepare an official patch soon, too :)
posted on December 17th, 2008, 10:41 pm
good work ! I will test it soon.

This would explain why I get OOS since CB2 because CB1 didn't have the cease fire feature enabled.
posted on December 17th, 2008, 10:47 pm
-=B!G=-The Black Baron wrote:Thanx man, Ill play later tonight and tell you if it fixes the issue :)

BTW I think I speak for all of us when I say I really appreciate you trying to fix it as fast as you are now.  I know you have a private life to worry about as well, so thanks for putting that on the side track while trying to help us !  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

i concur, doc cola i applaud your effort with also having solid respect for you. You have done the impossible for next to nothing. I wish i had a way to thank you! What did we ever do to deserve you?
posted on December 18th, 2008, 12:58 am
Last edited by Guest on December 18th, 2008, 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
The new fix causes a problem: I cant host games for anyone else who has the fix, nor can I join anyone else who hosts with it. It results in "host has been lost".

This is via gamespy. I identified it as the problem by having someone who does not have the fix joined the game I was hosting, whilst people who did have it were unable to join, and vice versa.

Edit: Okay.. maybe not, but it seems the fix, or maybe gamespy, are now mandating router forwarding etc that I didnt have to do previously, as thats the only thing ive changed.. still.. odd.. somewhat.
posted on December 18th, 2008, 1:16 am
yeah i was the play that Tylmiria  was playin with, but even after i installed the fix i could join his game, now we havent tried playing a game so idk if that will work, however when i tried to join somon esles game it didnt work, but i do have some ip adress problems so that could be affecting it to.

btw my olkd account acidentaly deleted but this just got made.

to the fo staff. v3 is awsome, and i have some ideas which i shall post later, but anyway thanks for taking your time to work on this, and even if i cant donate, you have my thanks
posted on December 18th, 2008, 1:29 am
id just like to further add that we need to figure this ouit, my skills in this are limited but if people who know how can find a soulution or identify the problem it might help ti fix it faster, with the whole joining gmaes thing
posted on December 18th, 2008, 3:48 am
Dont know what was going on earlier, but issues seem to be resolved.. was kind of odd though. Can confirm no more OOS either.
posted on December 18th, 2008, 5:24 am
I've never played online, but my lan games consistently go oos. All players used the patch but it didn't help. I didn't have the issue in CB1, but every version after had the problem.
posted on December 18th, 2008, 5:43 am
I got an OOS, but there were 6 AI players and lots of borg type explosions going on as 4 of them were borg.. so kinda expected it considering my suggested hosting is four.
posted on December 18th, 2008, 9:24 am
my suggestion would be to have the screen shaking turned off on multiplayer games... dont get me wrong its a great idea but like when i attacked your borg base with my huge fleet because of the constant screen shaking causing bad lag there wasnt much you could do to fight back at me with your fleet.

so i think in multiplayer it just needs to go...
posted on December 18th, 2008, 10:34 am
so, i guess... this should be put in the downloadsection as an official fix?
1, 2, 3, 4