Out of sync

Program aborts? Network configuration? Graphic errors? Bugs? Post your question here.
1, 2, 3, 4
posted on December 18th, 2008, 8:06 pm
Khmmm strangely enough I didnt experiance ANY more OOS right after I applied the patch. Eventhough it was against 3 AIs and me and hypercube were Borg. For me at least the patch defenitly fixed the issue.
Though I'd guess if you really max out your ships and the AI does so as well and there are 6 other AIs on the map....
....well it could be just too much for the poor'ol Armada 2 engine :D

my suggestion would be to have the screen shaking turned off on multiplayer games... dont get me wrong its a great idea but like when i attacked your borg base with my huge fleet because of the constant screen shaking causing bad lag there wasnt much you could do to fight back at me with your fleet.

so i think in multiplayer it just needs to go...

I think it should be optional, so we can disable it if we want.
posted on December 18th, 2008, 8:46 pm
-=B!G=-The Black Baron wrote:Though I'd guess if you really max out your ships and the AI does so as well and there are 6 other AIs on the map....

That's exactly what I want to do the next days  :woot:
I'll tell you if it worked.  ^-^
posted on December 18th, 2008, 8:48 pm
Already did it, it does give OOS, the explosions and ship amounts, at least for me as a host, causes OOS.
posted on December 18th, 2008, 10:36 pm
Tylmiria wrote:Already did it, it does give OOS, the explosions and ship amounts, at least for me as a host, causes OOS.

dude we played for four hours and the ai was at max build no wonder it went oos. Patch works perfectly.
posted on December 18th, 2008, 10:38 pm
That game wasnt four hours long :P. Im not saying the patch is broken, im just saying large amounts of AI and ships will cause one regardless.
posted on December 19th, 2008, 12:00 am
[quote="-=B!G=-The Black Baron"]

well is there a way to update the engine?
posted on December 19th, 2008, 12:18 am
with the newest update no oos occurs anymore.... at least not in the last game 4 players and heavy fighting plus AI turrets (map: Daka Corridor or so).

was fun though.... i nearly won the game ;)
posted on December 19th, 2008, 12:26 am
Jan wrote:with the newest update no oos occurs anymore.... at least not in the last game 4 players and heavy fighting plus AI turrets (map: Daka Corridor or so).

was fun though.... i nearly won the game ;)

I hate you Mr Romulan <_<.

Just kidding :). Confirmed.
posted on December 21st, 2008, 1:43 pm
Using the last update it didn't take long for it to go oos, this was two human vs two borg team match on a medium sized map, happened around 25 minutes in.

I really hope the multi can be sorted as its the best bit about this mod, i agree the shaking should be disabled in multi and doing anything else to make it work well is important even at the expense of certain features.
posted on December 21st, 2008, 6:02 pm
@theory
Did you have any OOS playing without any Borg in the game?
I think that for any reason the Borg cause OOS, it lags really hard when anything of them explodes.
posted on December 21st, 2008, 6:27 pm
Yeah borg dying sure is annoying - also everyone you were playing with needs to have the Fix or it happens too.
posted on December 21st, 2008, 7:04 pm
mh0001 wrote:@theory
Did you have any OOS playing without any Borg in the game?
I think that for any reason the Borg cause OOS, it lags really hard when anything of them explodes.

Only had the one game so far, this was on lan and both had the fix, i think your right the borg may be to blame.
posted on December 21st, 2008, 9:11 pm
Played a 8 player mp game with 6 AIs without borg for two hours.
Huge fleets, big explosions, and NO out of sync  :woot:

Played a 1vs1, borg vs. fed., out of sync after 10 minutes  :(
posted on February 19th, 2009, 9:53 pm
Hi

i know, the thread is a little bit old. i don't know if i should open a new one, but:
since 3.03 my brother and i have massive out of sync probs.
it's not possible to play. the out of sync message comes directly if we enter the game. with 3.0 we had no probs. we didn't test 3.02.
posted on February 19th, 2009, 11:06 pm
thats strange. we will have a look at it  ^-^
1, 2, 3, 4